Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 6/9/03
- 2000 Processor largest known computer special effects used on the movie, Return of the King.
- Geoffrey hurt his back at the Newberry Watermelon Festival this weekend.
- Honors List Library recognizes Ό for bonuses for work above and beyond the call of duty careful and meticulous thought: Hilton outstanding per wide variety of projects, Bobbie per fastidious documentation and labeling. Bonus in payroll of June 27 may see it then or in two weeks.
- West Remodeling changes in schedule March 5 is the new start date for West. Interim moving now we will evacuate all of West in January 04. This move will be temporary for 1-2 years. DOT building on 39th will be renovated to hold books. No people there would save space, but now may have to move people there. Guess who gets to go? Facilities has been suggested. Cubicle sharing with DOT space, Room 1, prairie dogging. Dot Com crashed cubicle farm for $400 each may be available by the truckloads. Lobby space may or may not be Reference. Behind MVP bldg 105 has some space may put Public Service overflow there.
- Systems refrigerator discussion held.
- Water over flow in room 16C stopped up evaporator drain flooded room 16C called FP last week for ceiling fungus no action taken.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Dept Happenings #1 ICPSR tape dispersal still ongoing.
- Mimi received an email from the outside it mimicked us.
- Bill discovered something bizarre on Betty Mitchells machine ads Spy Bot took almost 3 hours to clean. OMWMgr.exe all through the cookie file and everything else. Ad-aware doesnt update enough. SpyBot via Google download.
Software Projects Status
- Docs wiring estimated again, with fewer drops. Needed estimate by today, but will delay until August.
- Will Dell multi-processor on multi-MB default problem causes conflicts on campus network.
- DLC servers started today, will bring up vanilla to start.
- NT14 recovery server up & running. Winston will install SQL. DocuTech will have to go up on both ends. ILLIAD will be last.
- SysRequest Ed, Judaica are done ILL maybe today, Lori Driscoll is scheduled this week. Still need to do Maps, Journalism and Preservation. Debra set up a link to SysRequest on the Systems Web page under FAQs. The printed hardware, software and programming request forms are no longer available via the Web. Mod to SysRequest this week people could not see the notes field, now they can.
- Preservation Film Replacement ongoing.
- Patron Update test run at the end of the month.
- Hilton is working on the Employee-Patron update.
- Privacy Notice splash screen have one working under AFAUSER all signed in today as WUSER maybe next time. Wording from Carol Turners memo must be up front every time, must be a mandatory click. Requires a total layout change. Point is to not let anyone in without accepting it.
- DLC Ying is working on Oral History Web data entry interface.
- Facilities Cynthia is working on the last report this week.
Student and Department Happenings
- STAT service still working.
- Web master position not candidate withdrew. The search is off the fast track.
- Debra is out today and tomorrow morning.
- Next week is the break between Summer A and Summer B.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated June 23, 2003
by Debra Fetzer