Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Suzy Shaw, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Cynthia’s new kitten was nursing on her dog.
- Bill’s DSL drops out for about 15 minutes after midnight, but it is running fast and fairly solid otherwise.
- Bill got a note from Intellectual Property about an MSL site that was distributing a movie from Universal over the Internet. It is not illegal to illicit streaming radio or video, but do not get involved with file sharing. There will probably be more incidents like this in the future. If you encounter it, do not let it go – you must report it. Word will go out to MMM and Liaisons.
- 30 Dell CPUs – when will they arrive? Need to check with Dell. Four machines remain from the last shipment. LAC still has machines not put out from last January.
- ALEPH implementation pushed back to July, at least. Some machines have had odd problems downloading it. Problem seems to be with NIC setting – should be the opposite of how they are new.
Software Projects Status
- MSL wiring – L206 – not enough room in the wall to get wires down. WIN servers are in the way. Carol Drum and John Ashcraft will try to move things around. If WINS moves – it has to be fast and stay on Net 10. Need to leave wires that are there and pull new ones – not enough room to do it. They need to find a new route. Location of the windows is a problem. The current solution is to move John’s desk to the other wall for now.
Student and Department Happenings
- Continuing work on PAULA.
- Students are back from Spring Break.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated March 24, 2003
by Debra Fetzer