Present: Rich Bennett, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Suzy Shaw, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 2/17/03
- SysLog reminder: use it! Be careful of categorization. Need to add an outside events category like the supposed campus-wide power outage this weekend. There has been no evidence that the power was affected in the Libraries.
- Bills DSL changeover the company he switched to may soon be out of business. He may have to return to BellSouth after all. Its a volatile world NetAgent is owned by Divine it may go down the tubes. NetAgent should still work; Divine will probably be taken over.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Nets #4 Backup server to be NT14, not NT 17.
Software Projects Status
- Three data installation projects have been submitted to Library Purchasing. One more is in the works.
- Thirty computers received. Distribution will be slow and based on out-of-warranty status. Geoffrey has to configure the machines, at a rate of about five per day.
- Should get out an order for another 30 workstations this week.
- Trend is reporting the Love Gate virus. It has hit Asia and France. It comes through high order port. Version 4.67 or higher will detect it. We should be safe the servers are updated and they have updated 350 workstations.
- Facilities have not received feedback. Will remove from the list.
- Automation Winston may make a pass at scheduling the automation.
- SysRequest Cynthia is working on it. A new version with expanded boxes is up and running. Still need to add a step.
- Public User failover version 3 is in place (2.8 will work if you are signed on as WUSER, 3.0 if you are signed on as a backup user. The Liaisons need to know the failover user ID and password. Need to distribute to the proper liaisons.
- Changeover two old programs: Filmlog (done) and IRDB (halfway finished).
Student and Department Happenings
- Net Agent was refusing to let Administrators log on there were too many Administrators. Need to cut the list back to Systems, Jan, Marilyn and Joe. Have expanded the space to write in to record the transcripts.
- Stat Server Bill received reports was the server restarted? Suzy manually restarted NT8R and will have to restart the service from the server, rather than remotely. It is the longest it has ever been up three weeks.
- Students will be gone for Spring Break the week of March 10-14.
- Bill and Suzy will be out from noon March 4th until the morning of March 6th.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated March 4, 2003
by Debra Fetzer