Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Cynthia painted her bathroom ceiling this weekend – which may be why she has a backache today.
- BellSouth – Bill arranged to change his DSL service – which they did on time – but then discovered that the division that does the actual transfer has to be notified, so it won’t be done until tomorrow. He is not very pleased with them.
- ERP conflict with Systems meetings – the ERP meetings have now been scheduled every other Monday. Bill is still trying to get out of it altogether – meanwhile, Systems meetings could be held every other week, or could be headed by someone else in Bill’s absence.
- No ship date yet on the 30 Dells. No distribution list, either. We will distribute to the oldest and most critical first. Will replace about half of the out-of-warranty machines this year.
- We’ve ordered a Xerox silent ink color printer for MSL. 19 ppm, good price – will be networked.
- DLC – 5 workstations ordered on a grant were received – 2 are actually for Documents.
- Cynthia installed ID Checker on two machines in West and it seemed to take a long time to log off. The last update patch could have caused this. It seems to only occur on certain machines with multiple users.
Software Projects Status
- Journalism down this morning – NERDC core connection to the managed switch – they hot swapped the module and just needed to reboot the switch. Journalism is now back online.
- Will got the last DLC server online.
- No AD – some version is operating at the Hooters site. Interview for campus AD director was on Friday.
- Back-up MSL server – Will is going to bring it up today. Need to install SQL, Exchange, IIS. It will not be active or running. Will be labeled NT17. Since it will not actually be online, the software licensing should be OK.
- Facilities OE delivered – Cynthia emailed Russ for feedback – he has been out of the office and has not tested it. This is a test version, still in delivery status.
- Automation of Accounting record transfers – Ying has been trained on the procedure – need to advise the other programmers as well.
- SysRequest – is in development. Hardware/software side is almost complete – programming side will come next.
- SysLog – additional categories added. Is everyone using the database? Major changes need to be logged.
- Public user failover – changed verify patron. Authentication folder – loaded changes, tells where to look for the failover if there’s no NT4 then directs it there. Set up direct to local machines. MS file has failover first. NT2R – has to be devolved. Geoffrey has tested; it goes to NT4. Security is the same, but can’t test without taking the building offline. Could not test the IE capability since it is set to use SQUID. Fix could be local SQUID in each building, or we could take the proxy off.
- IRDB – changes complete.
- Personnel – change to Web OPS – column added. Need to check to see why leave slips were separate from checks last pay period – can we help?
- UF ID/SSN – occasionally Personnel needs SSN- SQL can’t talk to API’s, an application has to do it. The program gets the SSN, tell SQL then queries SQL for SSN. It’s a tool that can be used elsewhere.
- Winston has been changing over a few SQL applications that are using stored procedures, with the possibility of introducing queries.
- Trudi’s invite to Web accessibility class – Suzy and Debra will attend.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated February 24, 2003
by Debra Fetzer