Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- It was a beautiful weekend.
- Geoffrey is feeling better.
- Rich saw the Beach boys at Silver Springs over the weekend.
- Dawn and Suzy had severe sickness symptoms. Be aware if youre feeling poorly, it may turn bad suddenly.
- Bill may have a conflict with next weeks Systems meeting the ERP Review Committee has scheduled Monday mornings indefinitely, however, it may be moved due to multiple schedule conflicts. Bill will advise as necessary.
- Open season for ordering.
- New machines that have been in the vault one went to the Circ desk in AFA; still have two more for West. Maps Circ desk? They have a Circ system, but they do not ever use it. They do manual circulation only. Regardless, the vault is cleared out, and 30 more new machines are on order. Middle Managers have been advised.
- We will replace staff machines after we take care of all AELPH-related areas, then the public. Budget for next year looks grim.
- Mag stripe readers will be provided by Libraries or the University because the bar codes on the UF IDs may disappear - and wed then be required to read the mag stripe instead. Rich put together a list of troublespots may have crash expenditure.
- Have has some grant purchases for Special Collections and DLC.
- Still ordering CRTs.
- One department reported that liaison absences resulted in a delay in reporting a problem. Alert Bill if any non-liaisons are trying to report problems.
Software Projects Status
- Filters have been added in to stop the SQL slammer.
- We will be facing an issue when moving staff machines to the public area: the images we have are out-of-date and setting up the security is going to be very tedious. May need to train staff and update images what would be our best bet? Bill does not envision a mass replacement. We may need another public image or line-by-line process. Bill is experimenting with templates.
- NT2R batteries are bad replacements are on the way. Just beat the warranty expiration by one day. Should be in this week.
- Facilities will demo this week. Cynthia is putting the finishing touches on the reports. Will test onsite for two weeks, then start working on SysRequest again.
- SysLog is ready to go. Hilton is just clearing out dummy records. Will be used to record any changes made in Systems: network documentation, hardware, software or server changes. It will have a list of categories and be write-only.
- Hilton will be working on a stored procedures project. It allows queries on the fly, will eliminate the .exec. It will be used by a number of departments, not just Personnel.
- Automation for Accounts Receivable for FCLA Delphi has a component to do it, but it is buggy. Third party FTP client found Winston is rewriting it now.
- User Fail-Over not started yet.
- Stat server stopped again. Suzy has not investigated it yet.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated February 18, 2003
by Debra Fetzer