Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 1/6/03
- Great UF basketball game this weekend.
- PoP room project? PPD is currently working in three different spots in the building they are supposed to come through here sometime today. We have our equipment in that room covered, but if you hear the sound of water running please investigate.
- Rich noticed the Registars truck out in the back loading dock - left wide-open all weekend.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Nets#2 Facilities has been notified to remove the furniture in room 17, but their big truck is in the shop, so there is no telling when it will happen.
- Ordering season has begun will probably start working on a workstation order within the next couple of weeks. We need to get rid of P200s and ancient Gateways. Machines in the outer vault will be distributed first. Need to get a nose count of machines that are near/out of warranty (2 years old). Well also be doing some wiring for Preservation, L206 and HS&S.
- Apache all three DLC servers are operational.
- The warranties for the power supplies are not back yet.
- Xerox print release stations Xerox has agreed to distribute the password, thus keeping us informed.
- Friday morning we had an intrusion detected lock out need to check user manager to see if the user ID is locked out.
Software Projects Status
- UF central AD status Dimension Data attended the meeting they are the South African firm that has been hired to implement the new system. The system will be 65% Linux, 35% Microsoft. This is a good combination. The company is the number 4 integrator in Europe. They sent their Chief technical officer to speak at the meeting. Macro design 90% design open on implementation, 33% consolidation of servers is possible. Cant rely on people reporting what is on the network they will run ECORA to probe the net it gets a 95% accuracy rate. The design will be complete in six weeks. Central Exchange Service? No. They do not foresee a single server at the center of campus running Exchange. Bill thinks everyone will be running some kind of Exchange services for administrative calendars and Deans Menu. He also thinks Exchange will become the official mail server of UF soon especially given the ongoing crash and burn of the GatorLink system. UF is 80% Microsoft desktop right now.
- A virus was shipped out of a MSL workstation: the handicapped public email station. It is still scanning; two viruses have been found so far. They are the So Big virus and relatively new.
- Public log-off button disappearance nothing further Geoffrey is investigating.
- UF ID mods Winston and Melody attended a meeting last week. Melody asked 75% of the questions; Warren led the meeting. There are ongoing issues mostly with updating addresses interactive personal info. No issues effecting programming.
- Facilities OE - #1 Orders this is almost complete. Should be done today. Bill says to be ready to demo/teach Facilities but he wants to see it first. #2 Maintenance catalog of invoiced items and #3 Reports there are a lot of them.
- ILLIAD to Accounting TOAD: Transfer of Account Data it is complete and currently in use. Eatheana is happy.
- Syslog Hilton is working on it 0 has about 1 more week to go.
- SysRequest Bill, Winston, Cynthia & Debra need to meet to discuss modifications.
- DLC Tracking database meeting with Erich was cancelled last week should occur this week.
- SQL vulnerability app build query blindly executes pass to stored procedure. Winston is trying to get rid of it has to do some sorting.
- FilmLog/ALEPH Bill had a meeting with Preservation last week they have no problem as long as they have fresh snapshots of NOTIS.
- Stat Server it is back up and running. The service hangs in the stopping stage. Suzy set the service to manual, has to reboot the server then restart the service.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated January 29, 2003
by Debra Fetzer