Present: Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 11/4/02
- Halon inspection tomorrow in the tape vault: 3-4PM.
- Bill and Suzy will be out Thursday-Monday.
- The Harry Potter outing was a success much improved from the first movie. Archer Road traffic was horrendous.
- AD Recap - Meeting was held at the Union Station downtown. They could not hand out copies of the ERP Project documents because there was no copy machine on the premises. Of the three vendors contacted for the project, Microsoft blew them off, Dell gave an estimate of $100,000 and Dimension Data quoted $36,000. Dimension Data was chosen. A PeopleSoft developmental environment should be certified and in place by January 2003. There will be an active directory tree that will be for the entire campus. The project will be 6-8 weeks in duration probably starting today. It will be an open, collaborative project. They have expanded the Active Directory dedicated positions to two: an Operations position (USPS/TEAMS) and an Active Directory Configuration and Design position (A&P/TEAMS). There will be a tight, active integration with ERP. It will also have an integrated calendar and messenger system. It will probably be a University-wide Exchange environment. Who first? The Administration/Academic Affairs/IFAS. Competent, strategic and willing departments are needed. IFAS IT has been pulling back their number of people is dwindling. Active Directory should be up at the central level for UF on January 6, 2003.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Telephones problems seem to be resolved.
- Received the scanner for Facilities, but they want a different one.
- One unit received a notice about a virus and they deleted files per the instructions in the email. It was a hoax & completely unnecessary. They should know not to ever do anything without checking with Systems first.
- There is a new twist on the banking/heritage scam the perpetrators are actually physically meeting with people not just via email anymore.
Software Projects Status
- They fiddled with the core router over the weekend no effect on us.
- The Security Policy is being formed.
- Documentation nobody is to move a wire without updating the documentation. Emergency moving can be documented & the wire crudely labeled. West documentation is finished, MSL Ύ done, East 10% completed.
- MSL classroom & Xerox wiring complete. Installed 2924 in first floor MSL.
- DLC last Apache server is up and running.
- Public logoff Robena experienced the problem on November 13th, but the frequency has been reduced. WINS may have masked the problem. Could be a connectivity problem rather than a button problem.
- UF ID mods changes for Personnel almost done. Had a problem with a report last Friday, but it did not hold up the paychecks.
- Elected officials Tom Minton says it is fine now complete.
- DLC Tracking meeting with Bill this afternoon. D1 mods are independent of D2.
- Hilton is working on a program to help entering ILL items for billing. Lending side interface to pull info from ILLIAD to port over.
- Cynthia ID verification tool to track suspicious people. Code name: Project Pest Control.
- Jeffrey Barr PaintShop problem Winston researched it, found the solution file moved to W2K directory GAPI32.dll.
- SysRequest when will the departments start to use it?
- PAULA Red Alert no need to activate it for the steam alarm in the loading dock area. Everyone should feel free to call Physical Plant it may increase the threshold so it wont go off as often. The Red Alert should be used primarily for network outages anything that everyone needs to know about.
- Students will start disappearing on Wed, 11/27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated December 3, 2002
by Debra Harris