Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- We need a new wall clock in room 10. Rich says we can try the old one in his room.
- Rich rode his first 360-degree roller coaster on vacation.
- Geoffrey’s lawnmower is running fine.
- A 21” flat screen, high-resolution Hitachi monitor has been ordered for Janice Kahler in ILL.
Software Projects Status
- Power outages on campus – Music called to report black/brown outs. Geoffrey checked and the UPS on NT5 is working fine. So far, the outages have only been for a short duration. If we hear of any WINS problem, report it to Bill. We may end up having to put UPS’s out on important machines to help with electrical brownouts. That would be a rather expensive venture.
- ILL – PDF & TIFF problems – software disappeared, reappeared and was reinstalled. Now they’re having new problems.
- Bill has been deleting old mainframe accounts. Some have not been used since 1995. Some accounts were used for old cyberlib, telecommunications, Dean’s Menu and use on the road. We don’t anticipate any problems, but there is a slim chance someone may try to use one of the deleted accounts.
- Will is out on vacation this week – Geoffrey is working on doing the backups.
- Spine label printing – done for now – Doug tested it on the Dymo printer and it works fine. Winston gave him a test program for new labels.
- Current hardware/software request forms – they are basically identical – will be consolidated.
- Stat server – still hiccupping – need to install on NT8R.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated July 23, 2002
by Debra Harris