Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- August 4th is a Sunday, so the Performance lunch is set for Tuesday, August 6.
- Power outage MSL & CIS this weekend. Some major power problems are to be corrected.
- No orders pending, bunches upcoming.
- Major broken Office glitch hypothesis: updates performed enmasse, but without reboots which completes the process. Also, logging in as Administrator to do updates, but not completing the process by signing on as Administrator after the reboot has been a source of trouble.
Software Projects Status
- New fiscal year for the mainframe accounts problems, changes it is taking more money. Rich, Debra, Bill and Suzy can fund the accounts. Jim Stevens has had the most problems.
- Gatorlink mail continuing problems the latest problem was a stale NFS mount unknown what that is one professor in Business could not get into a certain database. Various people on private subnets Systems was not notified suggested getting a tech from Business to call us.
- Server room was 90 degrees this morning the temperature gauge was not connected Bill and Brad tinkered with the outside gauge Brad will get a battery and install it. Brad added emergency lighting two lights on each side of the server/tape room.
- Will is moving files copy failed too many times used S copy Bill will switch it tonight. When thats done, will move NT5 from MSL to Music. NT5 is the WINS server should move it on Wednesday or Thursday.
- Patron updates FCLA we didnt get as early an update Winston doesnt think it happened last week new fiscal year, new students there was a lot that couldnt get in in conjunction with the security breach (junior high school kids using IDs and playing games in the Ref public area).
- Hilton is working on the IRDB display mods.
- Cynthia is working on the Hardware & Software online request forms. Should be completed this week.
- Ying DLC production status report had errors some items (completed no date had been entered and didnt show up). DLC Tracking database will make the completed date a required field. New program to report the list of CDs for inspection or migration. Erich wants the system to automatically generate an email to notify which CDs need to be inspected or recreated Bill will help Ying out with this. The method to inspect CDs will use Hiltons program to read the checksum of each file on the CD quasi UNIX checksum will compare to original checksum count.
- Marc to SS done.
- Resource Services spine labeling is done.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated July 15, 2002
by Debra Harris