Present: Cynthia Bowker, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- UF Directory Services – Bill & Winston attended a meeting on Friday with the bigwigs on campus. Departments will have to modify their systems or disable them due to changes at UF: eliminate SSN as the main identifier and Directory Services will centralize where information is stored. Entries will have only one prime email address, but can have multiple listings for physical addresses and phone numbers. We have 2-3 databases in SQL that will need to be redone. The Library is concerned about how this new system will interface with the new ALEPH system.
- XML expedition – Suzy went for a week-long seminar. It was arduous. It was five difficult days, but a very good seminar.
- Geoffrey got a new lawn mower, but it rained all weekend.
- Performance lunch has been moved to Aug 4 to accommodate Martha joining us.
- We now officially have an encumbrance with the Soda Shoppe.
- All meetings are off this Thursday (July 4).
Software Projects Status
- NT2R problems today.
- New fiscal year – minor mainframe disruption.
- Gatorlink – emergency restart this morning.
- Net Agent Admin – locked out this morning. Someone did not exit properly. It stopped the admin & user services. A reboot will restart both services. Cannot force a timeout.
- Security – DLC liaisons – part-time, OPS stadium student, Mark Sullivan, is off the permissions list. He gave out his user id & password. No students should have those permissions.
- Directors have to have admin privileges to their laptops – directors only!
- Virus protection for the server is being installed. We took off McAfee & it is working better already.
- Melody & Grace – OPS reports – Grace is mailing to list groups.
- Insurance claim for Education is being negotiated.
- Net Agent mods done.
- IRDB display mods ongoing.
- Student-patron backups – changed order – ran on Friday early, so it has significantly less students.
- Resource Services – changes to spine label printing program – finished, but need to demo.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated July 15, 2002
by Debra Harris