Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Orders Trend anti-virus for server order is hung up in paperwork. Hopefully it will be resolved today.
- 30 more Dell workstations have been received. No allocation list yet.
- Geoffrey swapped the drives in DLC.
- Classroom workstations are all set and working fine.
- Front Reference desk solution not resolved yet. Bill suggested additional flat panels. Reference will hold another meeting to discuss the problem & hopefully come to a resolution.
Software Projects Status
- MSL wiring waiting on parts. Will checked on the electrical & had John Humphrey verify the voltage. There was a problem - they had not installed individual circuit breakers. Michael Howells workstation got bit.
- SAN server installation date is scheduled for June 19.
- KLEEZ still a major hassle on the networks.
- Facilities security server have received two servers. Will is going to build them with Windows XP this week. Need to determine where they will reside. No Windows XP upgrades will be done anywhere else in the Library. It is only being used on the security servers because it is supposed to work better with their software. XP is more multi-media oriented.
- Ying had a review with Stephanie & Dot Hope on the insurance maps database. They want to have it search for different times of a certain area. The current design is good for search & navigation, but what they are proposing are needs that are difficult to meet.
- Cynthia working on Net Agent add-ons Ref Express Web-based project to allow search of previously discussed questions from students.
- Stat Server database is probably corrupted. Suzy will need to find the corrupted database files and then rebuild.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated June 10, 2002
by Debra Harris