Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Nancy William’s retirement party is at 11:30 today – this will be a short staff meeting.
- All carpets (other than any in room 10) will be cleaned early in the morning on Thursday, May 2 by the local cleaning staff. We have been asked to pick up any items on the floor before leaving Wednesday night (May 1st).
- There have been three suspicious fires with computer equipment in the past few weeks on campus: IFAS, CLAS, Tigert. The IFAS fire was due to a power distribution unit blow out. We need to watch out for any open Comm closets – especially in West – because it could be a target. Geoffrey notes that SEMCO often goes into our closets and they do not lock them afterwards. Bill asks that if we find this happening, we close and lock the open door then report the occurrence to him.
- The door panel on the circuit breaker in the old server room was removed – and not put back on. Bill noticed, called Facilities, and they secured it.
- Fifteen Smart UPS 700 are on order.
- Big optical mouse order (80) has gone out.
- Various printers on order.
- NT10 – PDC status – it is all set, fine, ready-to-go. Winston has been having some permission problems. He’s not sure if it’s due to the PDC switch or not.
- Bill has been having trouble with PAULA on NT4.
- Dell is scheduled to arrive on next Monday, May 6 to install the second Rack server.
- This is finals week for the students. They will all be gone as of this Friday, May 3.
- Three new students have been hired for the summer. They start working on May 13.
- We’ll have no students for a week – please answer ringing phones.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated May 6, 2002
by Debra Harris