Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Denise & Rich got a new car – a RAV4!
- Geoffrey hurt his back gardening.
- Cynthia’s car died over the weekend.
Support Issues and Liaisons
- Most of the Dells are still not allocated. Suzy and Rich still need to swap theirs out.
- Big optical mouse order forthcoming: MSL wants to replace all their old mice.
- UPS order to go out this week.
- Another workstation order to go this week. Discussion ensued regarding the imaging of classroom machines.
- SAN is in – Dell called to set up the installation.
- Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for Erich in the DLC – Debra checked today – it’s not listed on their site yet, but will be ordered once it appears.
- Software development tools? None needed for our staff.
- Ongoing security system problems.
Software Projects Status
- Browser issue continues – Jana unable to view files on NT11. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it can’t be accessed. If necessary, Suzy can fix the files she needs to work on.
- Need to get SAN installed in our back server room (tape vault). Part of the SAN is destined for MSL – Bill will check on the progress of determining the power and location.
- FilmLog XML is finished. It was demoed for Gus, Cathy & Nelda. They were very pleased and signed-off on it. They do have changes to a new section requested.
- DLC Bryant display page – Hilton has finished.
- Cynthia is working on Current Net spreadsheets converted to a Web accessible page. It’s SQL, updates and sorts info with editing capability.
- ILLIAD – 14 digit ID – weekly download from NOTIS. Winston updates now, is working to fix the update to happen more frequently. Import validation table has to be in their format – real time – deactivation is the problem. Have to sync both versions.
- Suzy hired a new student, Nithia Rabkumair. She will start on May 6, OPS. She will be on a timecard. She also works at MSL. Need to make sure she gets her info to Debra.
- All of the current Systems students will be gone for the summer (two graduating, one going home). Debra has listed the position with Library Personnel. Evelyn’s daughter is in the market and will be contacting Debra about the position soon.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated April 22, 2002
by Debra Harris