Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart
Review Minutes of 4/1/02
- Geoffrey traded his Honda for another, older model, Honda.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- No further word on the hooded kid.
- The loaner water cooler is emitting a strange smell fresh flowers or burning plastic the replacement cooler should be here this week.
- Dells still not allocated.
- SAN order need info on delivery date.
- 27 Dells, 25 barcode readers received.
- Liaisons have been struggling with the Windows Security updates. The last one issued is not relevant to us.
Software Projects Status
- Facilities security systems problems Will was dealing with them last Thursday & Friday. The new version was worse than the prior one. JDS software released today is supposed to fix the problems. Will is going to install it this afternoon.
- Daylight savings time Facilities needs to change time on door locks.
- Network browse function 71 showed today Will is still searching for a fix. Until this is corrected, central defrag and conversions are on hold.
- Renaming the domain public security is determined by network security. NT nature broadcast oriented doesnt scale. First attempt LMHost file. Second attempt WINS much like DNS. W2K uses only DNS, not WINS dynamic DNS domain name has to match. Current DNS is uflib.ufl.edu, may have to rename smatherslib the domain uflib sometime in the next few weeks.
- Web server went down on Saturday at the same time that it went down on Friday morning (9:40AM). Also had stoppages on the Statistics server. Cause unknown no attacks.
- FilmLog XML almost complete. There are some data issues Hilton to meet with Gus tomorrow.
- IRDB added search for deleted item.
- RS Cynthia finished ordering macro -sort by vendor Delphi & Hummingbird.
- DLC Governor Bryant database next project.
- Current Net to integrate with SQL server then out to people in the field.
- Suzy will hire a student today. The student currently works at MSL. Most applicants were over-qualified. Suzy will do a machine swap her old one will go to the new student the new Dell will go to Suzy.
- Bizarre Library Web page happenings URL left page of table takes up the whole page seems to depend on use of web or www.
- FCLA backup tapes need to add an additional tape.
- Colleen Seal called to say they had a patron that needed to check out a cartridge tape. First checkout in over two years.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated April 18, 2002
by Debra Harris