Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart
Review Minutes of 3/25/02
- Winston spoke with Ying on Friday she may come with the baby to visit this week. Its possible shell come to the picnic on Friday.
- The water cooler is being repaired. The one we are currently using is a loaner.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Ann #7 the middle school trespasser returned to the Education Library. He was accessing game Web sites.
- Most Dells still not allocated.
- Orders have gone out for the SAN, bar code readers and 27 Dells for the classroom.
- Scanners and spanner bits have been received.
- Mac issues in DLC have been resolved. OSX central file server camera OS9 W2K workstations OSX. Drag & drop or FTP secure shell. This setup has cut the imaging process by 50%.
- PSITC no update Rich will initiate something need to encourage proper log off.
Software Projects Status
- Network browse is working better, showing more. The browse function on NT3 was not active on Friday. We have not received any reports of people not being able to see items.
- Print fix for Personnel completed.
- FilmLog first XML output project Winston and Hilton are finding it fun and interesting. XSL file formats XML. Style sheet creates table. Web page exists on demand.
- Personnel OPS data extension completed.
- Winston was discussing the recent Library West trespassers with Lori and Gary would like Excel Current Net in SQL to look up illegal users. Could look up the WSID in IRDB, otherwise, would need custom DNS setup on all public machines.
Student and Department Happenings
- Suzy is looking for a student worker Web assistant job has been posted. Instruct all inquiries to contact her via email. She will interview people based on email response.
- Copier quality on the Systems copier is really poor. Repairman is really not able to improve the quality, given the age of the machine. It needs to be replaced.
- Reitz Union ITSA Day wireless setup discussion was interesting. VPN would provide end-to-end encryption. Most of the security information was standard-issue. New Director of NERDC has not yet been named. Will require a background check. There will be a reception tomorrow at 3:30PM should have announcements.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated April 8, 2002
by Debra Harris