Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Short meeting today – Bill has prior engagement.
- Systems Holiday Luncheon will be held on Wednesday at noontime at the Olive Garden.
- Library IT Training – purpose is to get all Library workers to be computer literate. Would consist of two one-shot seminars per semester, with Systems staff teaching.
- All 20 incoming machines have been received. There is still no distribution list.
- DLC has already picked up their machines, but they still need to return the old ones.
Software Projects Status
- The Read-Only folder on the server was caught in the roaming profile group. It is fixed now, but we may need to re-build it.
- Will add a new critical update patch for IE 5.5 & 6.0 to Read Only this afternoon.
- W2K PDC on hold until the spring – DNS problems. Public authentication can proceed without it; Web server conversion will wait.
- Malware – over 300 incoming viruses over the weekend, between 3-4 AM on Saturday. Most were SIRCAM with a touch of NIMBA. No one was hit, all were disinfected by the server.
- OfficeScan seems to be updating automatically for all users now. No complaints registered to the contrary.
- W2K – have had reports of a strange 10-minute delay on desktop IDs. Desktop backgrounds (wallpaper) are not turning up as desired.
- RAM upgrades – Education is finished. John requested 12 more sticks for MSL. Need to check with AFA for their needs in the public area. Journalism upgrade is finished.
- No fires burning.
- Students out until January 8, 2002.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated December 31, 2001
by Debra Harris