Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 10/22/01
- Bobbie’s stepdaughter is the sophomore Homecoming princess and her stepson kicked a 43 & a 47 yard field goal.
- Building shifting – the PPD crack crew put recording devices in the vaults to measure any movement. The inner vault door was stuck recently – Bill managed to get it open with force and rocking, but it can still be made to stick. We currently have a work order in to Physical Plant regarding this problem.
- System Halloween party - from 2:00-3:30PM on Wednesday, October 31. Dress up; bring pre-packaged candy.
- Bill is four blues shy of 17 on Troll. Winston is still at the same level.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Ann #3 – Bill has not found his cell phone yet.
- FCLA funded items – no ordered yet, no green light.
- Software items and other small items are proceeding.
- Effects of the budget cuts are still unknown
- Make-up training session divulged the fact that not all liaisons meet the Level 1 competencies as listed by Personnel. We need to try to make sure that no one is made a liaison that is not at least at Level 1, probably Level 3.
Software Projects Status
- W2K upgrades in progress: HSS – 12 machines done. Circulation – done. Access Services – done. Library Office – adding piecemeal. John Ingram’s machine was apparently tampered with recently – his has since been upgraded.
- W2K – unable to use macros in LUIS. Some machines did not change to daylight savings time. Turns out, the time zone was not set correctly. Need to remind everyone to set it to Eastern.
- Permission hassles on SmathersNt2R – does not recognize itself as a domain administrator. Bill has been steadfastly fixing the problem.
- Ringling ongoing.
- LinkChecker replacement for Lawan – a Delphi application should work, although Lawan may not like it because it does not indicate the redirect. We can change it to indicate broken/unbroken. LinkChecker should be ready to go in a useable form by the end of the week.
- Preservation’s phone problems direct dialing Barbados - the area code was valid, but the message they got said it was invalid or not in service. Turns out, the tables were not updated at BellSouth. It took many calls to finally resolve the situation.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated November 5, 2001
by Debra Harris