Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- There was a strange, unattended package outside of Will’s window today. He contacted UPD; they determined that it was nothing to be concerned about.
- Winston’s troll leveled up to 10.
- T-Shirts – 2 items were not available color-wise, no quote available yet. We should make the 12 item minimum.
- Nothing major in the works.
- Will be adding additional disk space to NT2R as well as another server to back up NT2R – need to locate it elsewhere.
- Printer strangeness – magically changed drivers. Liaisons have administrative authority and may be able to change drivers on printers on the network. May be a function of how the printers work. Geoffrey is investigating.
- Dale’s machine was not functioning on Friday; Bill got it under control for now.
- Make-up training session – unscheduled as of yet. Need to establish a date and get it going.
Software Projects Status
- UF Web cam installed on the 5th floor of Library West. Unknown if it is up on the UF Web page yet. It displays in darn near real time.
- We are about to change our desktop virus scan software. TREND virus scan has been ordered. It will be centrally administered. Should come online this week. Bill has already downloaded the software, just waiting for the key to be sent to us upon purchase. TREND is rated high and is relatively cheap - $3.00 per seat. Maintenance is cheap as well. We had to make the change, too much is slipping through with McAfee. It will require the removal of McAfee and an initial install.
- Security System – has been experiencing weirdness lately, we have been asked to trouble shoot.
- W2K – Business Services has completely converted. Preservation is currently underway. ILL is on hold until ILLIAD is ready to work in W2K. Circulation & HSS - on hold, waiting to talk to Marvin. Hang is working on his area, is about half done. Autocad should run OK with W2K.
- Public workstation ID system – finished until we hear from Public Services. Cynthia is working on how to shut down current applications.
- Winston has been reinstalling the SQL server client on W2K machines. Delphi apps as well. Shortcuts not working on All Users Desktops.
- ILLIAD – minor problems requiring Web page fixes. David, Rich and Winston have been working on it. There is a problem with the processor on the ILLIAD server. May need to re-evaluate its use. DLC Checksum is done – need to install on machines.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated October 23, 2001
by Debra Harris