Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Harris, Bobbie Meng, Suzy Shaw, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Cynthia got a new Epson printer at home.
- The Libraries are set to meet with the new Vice President of Information Technology, Chuck Frazier (formerly of CLAS).
- Bill & Suzy are working on scanning their wedding pictures.
- Order for another 14 computers has gone out. Four are for the Systems Software unit, the other 10 are slated for general Library distribution.
- We still have 8 workstations remaining from a prior shipment. One is slated for Journalism.
- Need to order spare power cables for the Dell laptops so that we have at least one spare per unit, as they tend to get lost. Will need the whole assembly cord and box.
- Liaison & MMM will meet this Thursday, July 5.
- Liaisons have been expressing a resurgence of interest in W2K.
Software Projects Status
- Mainframe account changeover Bill discovered the money had not been distributed & contacted Jim Arnette at 5PM on July 1 to get it done.
- Cox Cable almost finished with digital service.
- Service status: new Compaq (NT8 replacement) storage portion is now available, just need to upgrade security patches. It is W2K.
- NT2 replacement same status doing backups. Need to order Backup Exec for Advance Server, red flag it to Accounting.
- W2K upgrades were about at the same place, going with unattended upgrades. Video & NIC are sensitive, but specific drivers can be added to answer file.
- Bill had a page fault with ATI driver this morning.
- This week NT replacement conversion to W2K.
- Suzy & Will need to work on NT8 may need Web page update moratorium and public lockdown.
- Office XP has moved down in priority due to money & licensing.
- Hilton working on Library Statistic changes. Forms 4-7 are finished. New forms not released yet.
- Cynthia new project for DLC involving NOTIS database. Bill says no screen scraping MARC records are not standard.
- Student Patron Update ran successfully.
- FCLA backups to run next week.
- Students will return this week same lineup as Summer A.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated July 9, 2001
by Debra Harris