Present: Rich Bennett, Will Chaney, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Martha Hruska, Suzy Shaw, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- The Systems Christmas luncheon will be tomorrow at the Olive Garden.
- This will be Martha's last stint at the helm of the Systems meeting. Bill will return to take over the command on January 8.
- Construction is still ongoing with the back loading dock. The door is tied shut as there is a six-foot drop right outside of it. No known date of completion.
- The alarm on the south exit door was ringing early this morning. Someone must have gone out the door sans key fob. The key to disarm the alarm is hanging on the bulletin board in Winston's office.
- We are celebrating Hilton's birthday today.
- Congratulations to Geoffrey on winning the Mover & Shaker award at the Library Christmas party.
- Martha is trying to get the specifics on who will be a Net Agent from John Ashcraft in order to determine what machines they'll be using and whether or not they'll need a memory upgrade. HS&S people will also need more memory in order to run Net Agent. Will try to verify the specifics before placing an order.
- According to the Dell online tracking, the first shipment of 20 Dells shipped out on Wednesday, December 13.
- Martha is working on a distribution list with John Ashcraft for the order of 24 Dells that will be delivered straight to MSL. We'll need to coordinate with John to get the serial numbers from those machines in order to generate WSID's and to make sure the information is entered into the IRDB.
- The stolen CPU in Resource Services will be replaced by one of the new Dells when they arrive.
- The barcode order has gone out.
- The wireless equipment order has gone out.
- We're currently waiting on a quote from Dell for the server rack. Need to get that order to Barbara Oliver by today - tomorrow at the latest.
- Three digital cameras have been received - one is for Systems and will be made available for checkout.
- Erich has a Polaroid slide scanner that he ordered directly through Betty Mitchell. It is defective - they put in a repair request via SYSHELP, but we cannot troubleshoot an item that we did not purchase. Geoffrey notes that they are ordering equipment up there that is not coming through us - it has no WSIDs, no way to track.
Software Projects Status
- Semco wiring - Semco claims that we need fiber between the buildings - a separate fiber for the security system. They are going to be calling Will today. Martha notes that it seems like we never got the required training for that system.
- Public printing - Barbara said Xerox was supposed to show on December 15, but that hasn't happened. Apparently they are still waiting on the part that they've been waiting on since August.
- Erich seems close to being ready to get their new server in place. Debate about where to install it: DLC or Systems? It is decided that Systems would probably be the safest location.
- Waiting on Digital for rewiring quotes - need to get them to Barbara Oliver.
- Phones in room 300 were done last week.
- IRDB - the software side is running, Hilton is working on the hardware side.
- Org Chart is ongoing.
- Spine Label, Semco & FilmLog are all finished and can be removed from the list.
- DLC - Winston & Ying met with Erich & Stephanie - got some direction. Erich is writing up some new requirements for tracking. They are on schedule to meet every two weeks.
- Training for agents to take place this week and next.
- There can be three simultaneous agent users. It can be used from home.
- Martha is looking into the memory issue.
- Might try testing it on an older machine, just to test how it responds.
- Seems to work OK on NT, but it hasn't been that heavily tested.
- Maps has started transferring material from reel tapes to CD ROM. Debra has been taking original tapes to NERDC (because they say that their copies have defects) - to Jim Arnette. Once they are done transferring the material, the originals will be returned to Debra.
- Bobbie out Dec. 22 & 26.
- Systems Christmas Luncheon Tuesday, Dec. 19.
- Winston out December 20-22.
- Debra out December 20-27.
- Martha and Rich out Dec. 26-Jan. 2.
- Will Chaney will be out December 29.
- Bill returns on Jan. 8, 2001.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated January 18, 2001
by Debra Harris