Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Martha Hruska, Suzy Shaw, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 12/4/00
- The Library Administration offices in West will be re-carpeted sometime soon; Martha will relocate to Bill's office during this time.
- Systems Christmas Luncheon will be Tuesday, December 19 at the Olive Garden.
- Workmen out back in the loading dock area - they are finally starting on rerouting the steam/hot water pipes that run underneath the vault.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Date on the last Systems Minutes should have been December 4th, not the 6th.
- Orders: Wireless NIC card, printers, scanners, mice and various other items were ordered last week. Debra has stepped in to do the ordering while Andy is gone.
- Debra asks that anyone who updates the Purchasing Items Checklist in the Public Folders notate the end of their entry with their initials so we can keep a more accurate track.
- Barcode scanners - waiting on Bobbie's input on the ordering.
- Dell order - where is the first one? Need to verify that it was received by Dell and is in production.
- Missing/stolen CPU in Resource Services over the weekend. We have a replacement CPU - if necessary. If they can wait until a shipment of Dells arrive, we can allocate one.
- DLC replacement workstations - Debra is working on the order.
- NT8 is back up and running - the new HD was finally installed. Suzy has been busy moving items over to the new drive. She found that Maps has been taking up 2 GIG of space - all JPEGs. Maybe we can move their folders to a different server entirely? Suzy will contact Maps and investigate.
Software Projects Status
- DLC server - on hold, waiting until DLC is ready for it.
- Proxy server - waiting for Bill to return.
- Public printing - still no word.
- East rewire room 200 - quote was turned in on Friday.
- Will received the Journalism quote this morning.
- Server Room - Will is waiting on a quote from Dell. Will notes that it is more expensive to order the servers separately since they are to be clustered. Will need to order the cluster storage setup. It is more ideal to buy the whole thing together - Dell would set it up and all parts would be compatible. Martha will need to determine if we can fiscally purchase it all at once.
- Wireless project in the stacks is still waiting on Facilities.
- IRDB - Hilton will be working on it this week.
- Org Chart: ongoing - Cynthia will go out on a limb to say it will be finished by the end of this week.
- Binding - won't be worked on until January.
- Spine Label printing - Phek Su wants to use tiny, hand-held printer. Winston will have to look it through again.
- DLC: ongoing - Ying has made much progress. She gave an outline to Melody and she was enthusiastic. Ying will be meeting with Erica on Wednesday.
- Semco Security backups are ongoing.
- We are not backing up the Facilities Supply Shelf inventory yet.
- Students will disappear midweek - only to reappear the second week in January.
- Training took place last week.
- The server is up and ready to go - but the staff who will be using it are busy customizing pages and working out the kinks.
- They seem not be in such a hurry now, may be looking at some time next semester before it is actually running.
- Systems is still trying to figure out just how much we want the Net Agent people to do on the administrative end.
- The Net Agent server will be backed up.
- Martha will look into upgrading the machines of those staff members who will be using it to 128MB.
- Suzy will be out December 12-15.
- Cynthia out Dec. 1, 8, 15 & 18.
- Bobbie out Dec. 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22 & 26.
- Library Holiday Party December 14.
- Systems Christmas Luncheon Tuesday, Dec. 19.
- Winston out December 20-22.
- Debra out December 20-27.
- Martha and Rich out Dec. 26-Jan. 2.
- Will Chaney will be out December 29.
- Bill returns on Jan. 8, 2001.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated December 18, 2000
by Debra Harris