Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Martha Hruska, Hilton Soto, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Ying's birthday celebration today!
- Systems Christmas lunch: Tuesday, December 19? Tentative. Olive Garden? Hilton's birthday is the following day.
- Bid opening for new Library Management System. Six vendors have submitted responses. Evaluation of the responses will be made, comparing them to the mandatory requirements. Hope to shorten the list by Wednesday of this week. Final decision to be reached in June 2001.
- Flu shots are available on campus.
- MMM will be cancelled this week, Martha will be out of town.
- Old order of 20 Dells for staff - Donna from Purchasing located the order, it appears to be underway - now with the correct address and checked to avoid duplicate ordering.
- Public machine order of Dells: 24 for MSL and 30 for Systems (destined for other public areas) should be in process; we believe the order has been delivered to Betty Mitchell. Debra will try to verify. The 24 for MSL are to be delivered to MSL, not us.
- Barcode readers - pending Bobbie's attention.
- Geoffrey located a vendor for the adapter for the drive/SCSI card for NT8. He has forwarded all of the information to Andy. Debra will see to it that the part gets ordered today.
- Wireless laptops - antennae and network cards still need to be ordered.
- Scheduled to meet this Thursday. Will go over the WINS reconfiguration
Software Projects Status
- NT8 HD is full - Suzy has been busy deleting old files to make some temporary space. Hopefully the adapter it needs will be ordered and arrive this week.
- Server for Net Agent is up and running. Tuesday-Thursday this week is the scheduled training. Some of the Systems staff that are supposed to attend are unaware of the scheduling details. Rich will forward an email with the information.
- DLC server - the original one we ordered for Erich is currently not being used. He can have it if he wants. Martha notes that he probably won't be ready for it until January.
- The Proxy server failed on Thursday. Bill happened to be in the office; he fixed it.
- LibPreserve server has been taken offline. WINS address needs to be changed to 10.99. There are no plans to fix LibPreserve. At some point we may need to create a new one. There have been several printing problems due to the WINS reconfigure. Will review the process of changing WINS at this week's liaison meeting.
- Public Printing - still no word. Xerox has been waiting on parts for the server since August.
- Will received the quotes for the phones in room 200 today from Digital. He will forward it to Barbara Oliver tomorrow.
- Carry forward money to be spent: deluxe version of the server room, Journalism, rooms 100 & 148, TelCom closets and switches will all be on the list. Must be encumbered by the end of December, spent by the end of the fiscal year. We'll put in motion what we can.
- Hilton & Winston transferred the FilmLog data. It took three days - was back up on Friday. Will wait now and see how it goes.
- Ying & Winston worked on the DLC project last week. Got some direction, no longer on pause.
- Winston - in trying to backup the Semco machine (door security information) the failure of the WINS server was brought to light. John Humphrey wants a UPS for the Semco backup.
- IRDB - still working on it.
- Org chart is ongoing.
- Binding - put off until January. Have alerted Collection Management.
- Spine Label Printing - Ying made some minor changes to the software on Friday afternoon.
- Andy will only be working Tuesday & Wednesday of this week then he is gone for the semester. Will try to make sure he gets the part for NT8 and those Dells ordered.
- Debra has hired another student for the desk for next semester: Kristen Dansby.
- Server room - need to work on getting Systems material out of there.
- Martha out at CNI in San Antonio, Dec. 6-8.
- Cynthia out Dec. 1, 8, 15 & 18.
- Bobbie out Dec. 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22 & 26.
- Martha out Dec. 7-8.
- Library Holiday Party December 14.
- Systems Christmas Luncheon Tuesday, Dec. 19.
- Debra out December 20-27.
- Martha and Rich out Dec. 26-Jan. 2.
- Bill returns on Jan. 8.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated December 11, 2000
by Debra Harris