Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Martha Hruska, Suzy Shaw, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Everyone had a good holiday.
- Flu shots will be available in Library West next week for $15.
- Public folder checklist for orders is working well. Everyone should be able to update it as necessary.
- Memory has been ordered for the work stations in room 148 West. This is necessary for the Net Agent training session. Once the memory is received we'll need to coordinate the use of the room/installation with Mimi Pappas.
- 20 Dells should be incoming soon - possibly today.
- The server for Net Agent is up - Winston did the SQL server part. New machines (4-6) may have to be issued to supervisors that will be using Net Agent.
- Andy needs to order 20 more Dells for the public areas soon so that we can receive & install them over the holiday break.
- Windows 2000 laptop - Martha, Geoffrey & Winston played around with it. We don't want to make it available for checkout anytime soon - it requires passwords for network log in.
Software Projects Status
- NT8 - has not been upgraded yet. The replacement SCSI card was missing the correct kind of connector. It was ordered wrong. The card is currently in Will's office. We need to get the card to Andy so that he can return it and make sure that he orders the right card.
- Proxy server - seems to be running OK, Winston added two foreign sites to it last week.
- Public printing - Geoffrey had to restart the Novell server on Tuesday on word from the Xerox guy. MSL could not print. Rebooting did not fix the problem, turned out to be a problem on the Xerox end. We assume it has been fixed since we have not heard from them.
- Net Agent Training - will take place Tuesday-Thursday next week, December 5-7. Tuesday's training will be for server information; Wednesday & Thursday will be for Net Agent use. Suzy, Bill, Will & Winston will attend.
- Fixed small problem with Accounts Receivable.
- Remote label printing is now working for other departments to use.
- There are some minor problems with the spine label printing software in Resource Services (it tracks statistics). Winston is making some changes.
- Org chart software - nice, but it doesn't work with certain browsers. They are changing it over to JAVA.
- Film Log - Preservation ready to switch over data upon Hilton's return. It will be down for about three days.
- Semco Security backups - Winston and Andy have a plan that they are working on.
- Probably won't get another front desk student hired before the spring semester.
- Students will start becoming scarce after the end of classes on December 6. Finals end December 15.
- Bobbie, Will & Hilton out November 27.
- Cynthia out Dec. 1, 8, 15 & 18.
- Bobbie out Dec. 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22 & 26.
- Martha out Dec. 7-8.
- Debra out December 20-27.
- Martha out Dec. 26-Jan. 2.
- Bill returns on Jan. 8.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated December 4, 2000
by Debra Harris