Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Suzy Shaw, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 7/31/00
- Andy Zahn will be out for the next two weeks. All ordering will be directly through Bill (with Will as his backup).
- The Systems T-shirts have been ordered and should be in by August 18. Bill ordered one for Tom Caswell, as an honorary Systems member.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Re: #1 Software - Hilton is working on the wiring database using VISIO. Suzy is working on the IR/com closet database, using VISIO on a Web page.
- An order for a scanner for Elena Aissing in HSS got dropped at the end of the last fiscal year. It has been reordered - HP 3300 - need to expedite it when received.
- The repaired VISOR has been returned by Handspring.
- The memory for the Gateway Solo 9300 laptop for HSS has been received.
- Documents & MSL picked up their Gateway laptops last week.
Software Projects Status
- Newly issued IPs - usually by IFAS - create hassles for remote access users & vendors. The FCLA proxy server can be used to avoid the need of IP control. This is not the same thing as our proxy server, which provides Web access for public work stations. The FCLA proxy provides a psuedo UF location where the user can provide the number at the bottom of their UF ID card to gain access. Nothing but our public machines should be pointing at our proxy server.
- North Tower East - currently being rewired by Facilities. Will has assisted a bit, and Digital arrived today. There was conflict over the connection locations marked on diagrams from June versus diagrams marked this month by Rob Roberts. Ultimately, it was decided that Digital should go with the marks on the original diagram.
- The Branch wiring is still on hold due to East rewiring.
- Conduit for wireless money? Will has still not heard anything; he'll contact Rob Roberts.
- Hilton met with Preservation on the Q&A. They have some minor changes, but it should be complete by the end of the month.
- Hilton is working on the wiring database with VISIO.
- The conversion of the 29,000 microfilm OCLC records for Gerald is complete.
- Winston ran an early Employee-Patron Update for the Health Center.
- Winston is experimenting with a Labelwriter to print barcodes.
- DLC - Ying has a meeting tomorrow with Erich regarding some new requirements on the tracking database.
- Students - Kelly's last day is Thursday; she'll be graduating.
- The rest of the students will be out for a week and a half, except Jorga. She will be in town and will probably work during the break.
- Classes resume August 23.
- Cynthia out August 11.
- Ying out August 14.
- Bill out on Developmental Leave of Absence August 22 - January 7, 2001.
- Labor Day Holiday - Monday, September 4.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated August 16, 2000
by Debra Harris