Present: Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Everett Phillips, Suzy Shaw, Hilton Soto, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- One of our students, Becky Leidy, has officially announced her engagement.
- The order for 24 new work stations is still in the queue.
- Bill inquires if anyone recollects an order of a laptop for Facilities - a souped up one that can run Autocad. Need to check the paperwork, since no one remembers ordering or receiving it. This would have been a separate order from the one that Rob Roberts received.
- We've received some scattered reports of outside email not coming in - Jason Kiker, Tom Minton, & Diana Hagan. In filing these reports, it would be helpful if people could copy the Exchange headers routing protocol. Just instruct the person to go to "view" then "options" then "select all" on the Internet headers. Then paste it into an email & send it to us. This way we can figure out if there is a problem with the path. Suzy also had a problem - it was from the Health Center. Bill says to check with the others to see if they came from the Health Center, too - if so, we're not to worry about it as they are notoriously having network problems.
- Orientation was conducted last week - it went fairly well, about a dozen people per session.
- In the near future we will have seminars on how the network works and buying personal PC's.
Software Projects Status
- AFA & Music wiring is finished.
- Wireless system for Special Collections is ongoing.
- West - room 219 closet is being finished up & they are done with the cable trays on the first floor.
- New project - working on Web access for the Florida Newspaper Project. Have to get to SQL then Web interface. The request for it came from Tallahassee.
- Students have returned from Spring Break.
- Rich is out on jury duty today.
- Debra out April18-21.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated March 21, 2000
by Debra Harris