- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Policies and Procedures
Smathers Libraries Blog
Date Created: 3/5/2007
- All blog usernames, with the exception of Systems' created administrators (i.e., Blog owners) must correspond to the users library username (ex firstname.lastname@example.org = sallygator on the Smathers library blog)
- All blog passwords must be 12 characters in length
- All account creation will be through sys help
- For blog creation, the name, purpose of the blog, audience, blog administrator and blog users should be submitted.
1. Names can be no longer than 100 characters
2. Administrators must be full time library staff
3. Blog purpose must be related to the mission of the libraries
- For additional blog users, just the full name of the user and their library username.
- For changes in blog administrators, the name of the blog, the name of the previous administrator, and the name of the new administrator. (Changes may be confirmed with department supervisors)
- Anonymous comments will be allowed
- Users will be allowed to self identify when commenting
1. Blog moderation is at the discretion of the blog administrator registered by the accounts creation with systems. They are responsible for both content moderation and comment moderation. They may block any user they feel has been threatening or offensive, and remove any content. They are responsible for maintaining University Standards.
- All Templates created by Library Staff will be available for use in the blog system
- All Blog templates must be submitted to systems, for code review, before they will be added to the Smathers' blog system.