Meeting Notes, March 9, 2005
Transition Monitoring Team
March 8, 2005, 2p-3p
Smathers Library Conference Room
Members Present: Tatianna Barr,Pam Cenzer, Matthew Daley, Trudi DiTrolio (facilitator), LeiLani Freund, Barbara Hood, Suzanne Kiker, Jim Liversidge, Tom Minton, Rob Roberts, Steve Shorb, Misty Swain, and Jan Swanbeck
Members Absent : Shelley Arlen, Bill Covey
The Library West project:
- Landscaping plans are finalized.
- Window clips are being installed today and in two more days actual window installation will begin. Once the windows installation is complete compact shelving railing installation will begin.
- Roof tiles have been received.
- Duct work almost complete.
- Stairwells are being installed and the escalator will be received in the near future.
- Rob Roberts will be meeting individually with Department Chairs (if available) this afternoon, to distribute Library West floor plans and instructions for the upcoming move back to Library West. The Department Chairs will be responsible for staff office/seating assignments in the new building. After these decisions are made Facilities will begin assigning building and room access security levels. A card swipe security system will be used and access will be gained using Gator One Cards (not fobs). Staff should be encouraged to carry their Gator One Card with them at all times. This has become the University’s standard method for security access and will eventually be utilized in all campus buildings.
- It appears that the realtors for the LAD location will not be requiring the materials at LAD to be moved before Library West is complete. The collections in LAD will be moved to ALF once ALF materials are moved back to Library West. At that time the Library will not longer lease LAD.
- The book move back to Library West may be able to begin in November. Access Services will begin getting the materials ready to move back. Work on re-classing Library West materials from Dewey to LC still continues.
- Staff members will not be allowed to move back until a “Certificate of Occupancy” is received.
- The phone system will be voice/IP.
- Some initial discussions (very early stages) have been held to begin determining what will happen to Smathers Library once staff members move back to Library West. One possibility is that Area Studies will move into the vacated spaces and Smathers Library will become an Area Studies Library.
Library West computer/info commons area
- The Library West 3 rd Floor Concept Team submitted a report to Carol Turner containing information received from faculty and student focus group sessions, an informal survey, discussions with UF Library School students, a UF OAT survey conducted when planning the HUB technology center and a Graphics Art Workshop about process development in relation to libraries. LeiLani Freund will set up a Web site and distribute the link to staff.
- Gary Cornwell, Lori Driscoll, Carol Turner, and Ben Walker met this morning to discuss details for the Library West 3 rd floor.
- A library staff member reported that a number of Library DVDs were being sold at Hear Again. The DVDs were clearing marked as belonging to the UF Libraries. The police have been notified and are conducting an investigation.
All staff meeting
- Trudi DiTrolio will work on scheduling an all staff meeting in the very near future.