Quarterly Meeting with Directors
May 8, 2007
Library West Conference Room 429
Members Present: Bill Covey, Denise Bennett, Trudi DiTrolio (facilitator), John Freund, Brian Keith, Paul Losch, Iona Malanchuk, Carol McAuliffe, Nelda Schwartz, Jay Wiese, Naomi Young
Members Absent: Jim Stevens, John Van Hook, Ben Walker
- Change in Food/Drink Policy
- Per Dean Judy Russell, Library West will be host to an experiment in opening the Library Food/Drink Policy for the Summer 2007 semester. At the end of the summer, the policy will be re-evaluated.
- There will be no increase in Library maintenance during the experiment.
- Carol Turner is working on the proposal outlining the details of the change in Food/Drink Policy.
- Trudi will invite the new Dean, Judy Russell, to the next Quarterly CMC/Director’s meeting.
- Boxes on Circulation Desk
- A Cabinet group is evaluating which steps to take in order to solve the issue with the boxes on the Circulation Desk.
- The aim is to maintain functionality without causing further distraction.
- There are several options being examined right now:
- The boxes may be pried off the desk if the damage would be minimal.
- The boxes might be replaced with similar, transparent boxes.
- The entire unit may need to be replaced.
- Library East Room 100 is open to public access no earlier than 8am. For staff functions, no earlier than 6am. This is a change from last month’s minutes.
- VOIP Phones
- There have been problems regarding the transfer of VOIP phones. Some phones in the Map Library have retained their group function and need to be changed. Facilities has been contacted.
- Due to recent staff changes, the implementation of VOIP phones in Library East has been postponed. Once negotiations are finished, implementation should take 2-3 weeks.