Meeting with Directors
April 10, 2007
Library West Conference Room, 429
Members Present: Bill Covey (facilitator), John Freund, Brian Keith, Paul Losch, Jay Wiese, and Naomi Young
Members Absent: Denise Bennett, Carol McAuliffe, Rob Roberts, Jim Stevens, John Van Hook, Ben Walker, Iona Malanchuk, Nelda Schwartz, and Trudi DiTrolio
1. Special Events in Library East –
- No one should be setting up for special events before the building opens at 6 AM.
- Post-event trash that is not in specified trash areas will not be picked up by PPD unless someone contacts them.
2. Reclassification of Staff –
- Human Resources should have an implementation date by the end of this month.
- Human Resources anticipates the re-class project will be complete by the end of the fiscal year.
- Increases will have to be applied over a two fiscal year roll out due to the impact on the library budget (approx. $800,000).
3. Storage Expansion –
- A recent meeting with Ben Walker produced many options for ALF storage expansion, ranging from shelving to a cooperative regional storage location for Florida schools. With a combination of different types of shelving, ALF could store anywhere from 3 to 5 million volumes.
- Many possibilities were discussed (availability of AFA storage, rumor of a new building, location of possible regional storage facility), though nothing is concrete as of yet.
- Judy Russell will provide more information upon her arrival.
4. Judy Russell will be present at the Spring Picnic on Friday, April 13th.