October 11, 2005
2pm - 3pm
Smathers Library Conference Room
Members Present: Shelley Arlen, Tatiana Barr, Pam Cenzer, Bill Covey, Trudi DiTrolio (facilitator), LeiLani Freund, Barbara Hood, Brian Keith, Suzanne Kiker, Jim Liversidge, Misty Swain and Jan Swanbeck
Members Absent: Tatiana Barr, Trudi DiTrolio, Tom Minton, Rob Roberts and Ben Walker
- According to UF, if a Starbucks is located in Library West it will encompass the 1100 square foot area to the right, after entering the building. Starbucks visited campus during homecoming. It is not clear if it will be a 24/7 operation. Currently, Library West is not slated to be open 24/7. An air hanger door has been installed that will provide security to the 2nd floor in case Starbucks is 24/7.
- The Library West monthly construction schedule report is late. A new construction timeline should be issued next week. As of now the substantial completion date is January 29, 2006.
- Trapped water was discovered in the old Library West Building roof. UF’s Physical Plant Division is responsible for the water removal and to date has not indicated how/when the water will be removed.
- The elevators are due to be installed next month.
- Bill Covey was not sure if the Reference Collection will be housed in compact shelving. Carol Turner should be able to answer this question.
- The major color scheme for Library West will be black, bone, off white and hickory.
- Marston Science Library is in need of office space and wondered when Access Services staff would be able to move back into Library West. Staff may be able to begin moving back into West after the substantial completion certificate is received. Currently there is no plan for what staff will move back first.
- Martha Hruska sent a workspace assessment charge to Technology Services. This assessment will include work space, networking and resource needs. It will be used to look at how to best utilize Smathers Library East when staff move back to Library West as well as in the future.
- The LAD move is still in progress and should be completed by the end of the month.
- Almost all of the Publix-Annex space is being utilized. This facility will not be staffed fulltime.
- Retrieval turn around time has seemed to slow down. The retrieval materials morning delivery is occurring later and materials are getting put up later. However, the turn around time is still within the original time span publicized to patrons.
- The Public Computers Taskforce has been installing a new public computer interface on Documents Department computers. The process is going well and the first batch of computers should be complete today.