October 9, 2007
Present: Alena Aissing, Christine Cogar,
Sonia Coleman, Trudi DiTrolio, Brian Keith, Paul Lightcap,
· Bill was unavailable to attend the meeting, but the meeting convened in order to facilitate any questions.
· A 4.26% cut from last year’s budget equals approximately $96K, to be removed from recurring funds. These budget cuts were spread across all areas as proportionally as possible.
· The University Libraries Budget was submitted to the Provost on Friday, October 5. Approval is pending.
· If the budget is approved, additional hiring funds will be taken on a needed basis from the reduced budget. The submitted budget also proposed the second half of reclassification to occur this fiscal year.
· The $1K bonus is slated to be dispensed on November 9.
· OPS funding distribution has not been completely efficient; however, it is unlikely that additional funding will be distributed without demonstrable need.
· Layoffs are improbable, but Brian stressed the importance of a prudent fiscal year in order to prevent them in the future.
· Four fact-finding Task Forces are being formed. More information is available here.