January 8, 2008
Coleman, Bill Covey, Trudi DiTrolio, Brian Keith, Hikaru Nakano,
Members Absent: Alena Aissing, Christine Cogar, Michelle Foss, Paul Lightcap
· The investigation into what caused the LW 3rd floor leak continues. It appears as though the pipe supplying water to the HVAC system froze due to a malfunctioning outside damper. The malfunction possibly caused a fan to continually run resulting in the freezing water. The water leaked from the 3rd floor down. It is not clear why the 3rd floor drains did not alleviate the flooding. This is also being investigated.
· Use of some 2nd floor lighting has been suspended as a safety precaution due to the flooding. When there is no longer a question of safety, use of the lights will resume.
· An outside agent has been hired to conduct the investigation and assess why the system failed.
· A couple of thefts have recently been reported. A laptop in MSL that was left unattended for 15 minutes was stolen. The agent investigating the LW leak had tools stolen out of his toolbox which was on top of a 9 ft ladder.
· Someone has been distributing flyers under carrel doors offering to pay $250 for carrels that are not being utilized this semester. The library is investigating.
· The new security firm in on board and seems to be providing good service.
· A decision has not been made about the Library West replacement flooring.
6. New role for CMC
· The Communications Monitoring Committee will now be responsible for setting the Library Town Meeting agendas, as well as, determining the best date/time to hold the meetings each month.
suggested topic for February’s meeting is a report from the various individuals
attending the January 25th OPAC
· A suggested topic for March’s meeting is a report from the Faculty Recruitment Committee.