Communication with Users Library Group (or Task force -- aka CULT)
Communicating effectively with our users and potential users is absolutely critical to the libraries’ success in fulfilling our mission and meeting user needs. UF’s students, faculty and staff have limited awareness of the resources and services that the libraries provide. We want a positive and consistent image for the libraries – an image that will lead UF’s students and faculty to think of the libraries whenever they seek intellectual resources, research assistance, or collaboration partners for academic endeavors.
This committee is charged with undertaking activities that improve awareness of UF’s libraries by disseminating information to users and potential users and to library staff who interact with them. Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Communicating with the group about activities in their home department that affect library users and ensuring that this information is shared with colleagues.
- Providing items that should be communicated via press releases, newsletters, library web page, UF Portal, and other venues.
- Identifying campus events in which the library can participate and disseminating information on them to appropriate staff.
- Providing advice and feedback to the Smathers Public Information Officer and the Webmaster.
- Suggesting and developing new ways to communicate with library users and potential users.
- Assisting with the @ Your Library marketing campaign and other public information activities.
- Serving as a liaison between their departments and the group .
- Barbara Hood, Public Information Officer
- Tom Minton, Webmaster and Technical Services Liaison
- Chelsea Dinsmore, Documents Liaison
- Jenna Miller, Marston Science Library Liaison
- Angela Mott, Access Services Liaison
- John Nemmers, Special and Area Studies Collections Liaison
- Marina Salcedo, H&SSS and Collection Management Liaison
- Carol Turner, Director for Public Services and Convener