Staff Recognition and Rewards Committee
Minutes - May 31, 2005
Steve Carrico (Resource Services)
Tara Cataldo (Collection Management)
Trudi DiTrolio (ex-officio)
Ann Lindell (Public Services)
Jim Liversidge (Special Collections)
Randall Renner (Technology Services)
Matthew Daley (Access Services)
Ann and Trudi met with Dale to discuss our report
- She approved the awards program with a tentative budget of $20,000/year
- The committee needs to have at least a 5-year commitment to this budget
- ?? Is the money just for awards or will it also cover cost of the spring convocation?
- There is no interest in using bookstore funds for awards
- A separate holiday party committee has been formed – this group will not be under our jurisdiction
We have met our original charge and must now identify our new one
- A timeline of a 2-year commitment for each member was established – this will be by fiscal year
- ?? How will new members be chosen?
- The chair will serve for one year (their second)
- The current committee must have half their members serve for 3 years, so the entire committee does not go off at once. Lots were drawn as follows:
- Tara – 2 years (off June 30, 2006)
- Jim – 3 years (off June 30, 2007)
- Matt – 3 years (off June 30, 2007)
- Randy – 3 years (off June 30, 2007)
- Steve – 2 years (off June 30, 2006)
- Ann – 2 years (off June 30, 2006)
- Trudi is a permanent member (ex-officio)
- ?? Ann is going on sabbatical Fall 2005 – who will be the next chair??
We began discussions on the types of awards and the spring convocation
- The convocation will be in late spring/early summer per Library Council
- May will probably be the best time – before the students leave for summer
- Tenure, Promotions, and Service Year awards will be announced at the convocation
- ?? Who will decide on who receives awards? This committee? The directors? This requires further discussion
- ?? What will be the timeline for submissions?
- For students: we talked about having a lottery drawing for students at the convocation - $100?
- The committee is leaning towards 10 general Superior Achievement awards of $1,000
- Discussion of what to do with the rest of the award money
- Door prizes at the convocation
- Lottery drawing for nominees who did not win the top 10
- Pay for an inspiration speaker at convocation
- Give money to each department or division to award out as they see fit
- Allow people to petition this committee for funds to do things in their department/division (in a similar manner to the travel committee)
- ?? What about awards for teams?
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, June 13th at 11am.
Submitted by Tara Cataldo