Staff Recognition and Rewards Committee
Minutes - June 13 , 2005
Tara Cataldo (Collection Management)
Trudi DiTrolio (ex-officio)
Ann Lindell (Public Services)
Randall Renner (Technology Services)
Matthew Daley (Access Services)
Steve Carrico (Resource Services)
Jim Liversidge (Special Collections)
Ann handed out a draft of our new charge. Revisions were made and Ann will send out the new copy.
Discussion of awards program commenced. The following was decided:
- We will ask for a budget of $22,000
- $10,000 will go towards 10 $1,000 Superior Achievement awards to be distributed at the spring convocation
- $10,000 will be reserved for petitioning - individual departments and groups will petition the committee for allotments to reward staff in their own individual ways
- $2,000 will cover a $100 student award, certificates and framing of awards, speaker fees and any miscellaneous items that may come about
It was decided that last week’s lot drawing needs to be redone so not all faculty were going off at once. It was also decided that we should set the rotation so only 2 members go off each year (one staff, one faculty). This meant the current committee must split into 3 units (2 will go off after 1 year, 2 after 2, and 2 after 3). Lots were drawn as follows:
- Randy – 1 year (off June 30, 2005)
- Steve – 1 year (off June 30, 2005)
- Tara – 2 years (off June 30, 2006)
- Jim – 2 years (off June 30, 2006)
- Matt – 3 years (off June 30, 2007)
- Ann – 3 years (off June 30, 2007)
- Trudi is a permanent member (ex-officio)
Trudi will begin looking for 2 new members to start July 1, 2005.
We need begin working on criteria for the 2 separate pots of award money. Tara, Randy and Steve will work on criteria for the Superior Achievement awards. Ann, Matt and Jim will work on criteria for the money to be petitioned out. The groups will bring drafts to the next meeting.
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, June 20th at 11am.
Submitted by Tara Cataldo