Virtual Approval Instructions for Selectors:
· Login to GOBI2 with your selector userid/password
· A new window will open up. Click on Folders at the top of this page.
· After clicking on Folders, the words Manage Folders will display. Click on this
· A list of folders will display. Click on the approval folder for the week. For example,
click on APP 4-19-2004.
· Please select Full on the upper right of the page (under go). This will allow you to
see Library Note for each book. You do not need to do this step if you have set the
Full view as a default setting.
· Scroll through to find your LC class range.
· Click on Library Note add… for the book that you are reviewing. A new window
called Add Library Note will open. This is where you will want to type your note for
this particular book.
· In the Add Library Note window, type your present budget acronym, and if needed, a change in location.
-There is a default location code given for each title (see the pink box – picture above Add Library Note picture). If a change is not specified, the book will be processed with the default location. Here is a list of the location codes that you will see in GOBI:
FLGC- Latin America
XXXX- When you see this code you need to specify a location because
there is no default location associated with it.
- If you are rejecting a book, please type “reject” and state a short reason for the
-Your initials and today’s date will automatically get entered into your note.
When you are done typing your note, click OK.
· When you are done reviewing your virtual books, click on Logout on the bottom
· The virtual books will be available for review Mondays at 9:00am to Fridays at
6:00pm. Each folder will be named APP with each Monday’s date.
Instructions for the Monographs Unit: ordering approval books after they have been selected
- On Monday morning, assign budget codes to all books that were not selected the previous week. To do this, go to Manage Folders, click the folder for the previous week, Click Sort on the left. Sort primary by library note with a secondary sort of LC class ascending. Now all of the titles with library notes will appear at the beginning of the list. Go to the end of the list to view titles without notes. These are the unselected titles that need to have budgets assigned to them. Click add library note and type “Accept” and enter the tickler code and budget code for each unselected book.
- Keep an eye out for rejected books by looking through your list of titles. When you come across a reject, click the box next to each rejected title then click Move to Folder on the left. A new window will open up. Under the first drop down list, select APP REJECTS then click OK.
- After all of the books have budget codes attached to them and the rejects have been moved, click Mark all Pages on the left.
- Click Put in Cart on the left and select Order cart
- A copy of all of the books in this folder will get placed in the order cart. You will see a little thumbs-up sign next to the titles in the folder, indicating that they have been moved into the order cart successfully.
- Click the Order Cart icon near the top of the page.
- Click on Full at the top right of the page. This will allow you to see all of the library notes.
- Again, you may want to sort the books once they are in the order cart. It is preferable to sort by LC class ascending. Click on the title for the first book in the order cart. Fill in the information at the bottom half of the page. Include, the sub-account (approvals have sub-accounts that range from 5694-70 to 5694-79), budget code, location, and select the YBP qualifier, then click Save at the top of the bottom portion of the page.
- Repeat this process for all of the books in the order cart.
- If you come across a book that requests 2 or more copies to be purchased, you can order the first copy, but you must wait to order the second copy. This must be done to prevent two records being loaded and to prevent the receipt of more than one processed book. Check the box next to title, then click Email to on the left; email the title to yourself. Once the record loads, an order for the second copy can be placed on the 5694-15 subaccount.
- If you come across a title with a notify in the library note, you need to copy and paste the notify information into the Library Note that displays on the bottom half of the page. There is a character limit, so make sure the paste does not get cut off. The note will transfer into the order record in the acquisitions module and in the 981 d subfield in the cataloging module.
- Once all of the books have their sub-account, budget code, and location attached, select Submit All on the left to send the orders to Yankee.
Instructions for the Monographs Unit: setting up the weekly approval folder on Mondays
- Set up folder up by 9:00am each Monday. This is the time that the selectors have been told the weekly folders will be ready.
- Change last week’s folder from Shared to Personal before setting up the new folder, (however, this can only be done if you are the person that created the folder). Go to Folders, then Manage Folders, then highlight the previous week’s folder and select Edit. Then under Type, select Personal.
- To create the new folder, go back to Manage Folders, click New, name the folder (ex. APP 05-03-04), select Personal under Type and click Save on the left.
- After the folder is created, select Slips at the top of the page, and then select Search Slips. Enter the Slip Date (ex. 05-12-2004). The slip date will always be Wednesdays. On the right, under Fund/Other, highlight all of the BK funds. Click the top one, hold the shift key on your keyboard, and click on the last BK, which is BK/XXXX. Then select GO on the left of the page.
- On the left, click Sort, and sort primary by Library note. This search allows you to see if there are approvals in this week’s virtual shipment that were sent on a previous shipment. This sometimes happens with NYTBR books. Click Full on the upper right so you can view all of the possible notes. You will know that it has been sent on a previous shipment by the presence of a selector’s initials, fund code, and the GOBI library open order statement or the GOBI shipped to library statement.
- On the left, click Mark All Pages. Uncheck the duplicate BK slips with a GOBI open order statement or a shipped to library statement that you may have found in the previous step. Then click Add to Folder on the left of the page. Add to the folder that you created in the second step.
- Once you are finished setting up the folder, change the folder from personal to shared. Go back to Manage Folders, click the folder you just created, click Shared, and then click Save.
Prepared by: Beth Zavoyski
Created: April 6, 2005
Updated: August 1, 2006